Some tips for being a good neighbor:
- All residences are required to display house numbers that are at least four (4) inches in height in a prominent place at the front of the house.
- Building permits are required for all improvements to properties.
- Owner of dogs must restrain their dogs and not allow them to run at large in the Borough or become a nuisance to the surrounding properties. Owners must pick up dog waste. Dogs taken off the owner’s property must be on a leash.
- A curfew for minors exists between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- The placement of garbage containers at the curbside is not permitted before 7:00 p.m. the night before your scheduled pickup.
- Public sidewalks must be kept free of snow and in good repair.
- Animals, bicycles and alcohol are prohibited in all Ingram parks.
- Park facilities close at dusk.
- Ingram Borough Building is a non-smoking facility.
Ingram Borough makes every effort to keep the roads passable at all times during snow falls. The key to a successful snow removal program is the cooperation of the residents. Please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Remove your vehicle from the street where possible.
- Remove snow from fire hydrants around you property. This will assist the Volunteer Fire Department in case of emergency.
- Do not push snow out onto the roads at anytime. This creates hazardous driving conditions for all vehicles and is a violation of the Borough Ordinances.
- Snow should be shoveled to the right side of the driveway if you are facing the street. This will prevent the bulk of the snow from being plowed back into your driveway.